This is my fifth Master Cleanse and I finished two weeks ago. Once again I kept really good records. I lost 11 pounds. If you have a weight problem you will loose much more. If I lost more weight than 11 lbs, I would begin to loose muscle and this never happens. My weight is good yet, I do the Master Cleanse for my health.
If you have a need to loose weight this is a great way to jump start a weight loss/management program and get you health back on track.
What is the Master Cleanse? The Master Cleanse is a way to cleanse the body of and remove the cravings associated with drugs, coffee, teas, and cigarettes. Some get off prescription drugs as well. The cleanse involves drinking only a concoction made from fresh lemons, grade B maple syrup and cayenne pepper, as well as a laxative tea. No solid food is eaten for the entire cleanse. According to proponents it is recommended to be on the cleanse for a minimum of ten days, but some people stay on the cleanse for longer periods of time.
I love the taste of the tea and sip it hot.
I did have a few healing crisis, one from my addiction to caffeine. The other from using a skin patch to manage another issue I have. (I stopped using the patch during the cleanse).
Some questions you may ask:
– Did I get hungry? Yes, and when I did I sipped my lemonade tea. It takes the hunger away. I took it with me most places in a thermos if I was away from home for any any length of time.
– Did I cook while on the cleanse? Yes I did prepare meals for my husband but they were light and not involved recipes.
– Did I exercise during the cleanse? No, I choose not to however, I was as busy as before. I lived my life as before. No solid food. Nothing.
– Did I think about food? Yes, but I kept the reason for the cleanse in the front of my conscious. It passes like everything else.
– Did I go back to caffeine? Yes, why? I am human.
– Am I getting my nutrients? I feel so. Check the vitamins and minerals in lemons, cayenne pepper and grade B maple syrup. It is all there. In fact more that most folks get who do not supplement.
– How difficult was it the first time? Very, but I kept going one day at a time and it gets easier as the days pass. After day 3 you can go for thirty days. I went for 15 days early on.
To further cleanse my colon I choose to use the salt water flush vs the laxative tea. No worries it runs through you in about an hour.
After the cleanse I feel wonderful. I feel light and healthy. I take a probiotics after my Master Cleanse because the colon is clean. I feel that it takes the good bacteria as well. I like to get those back as soon as possible. This is my belief only.
If you decide to try the cleanse do some research and buy the book “ The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs.” Click the link to buy it. http://bit.ly/cZMmPi
Try it for yourself. It works. There are to many success stories for this to be a fad or an untruth.
Go easy on yourself and take it one day at a time. If you have any questions about my experiences with the cleanse, send me an email.